We’re looking for Engineers who are passionate about infrastructure as code and desire to automate as much as possible. We also appreciate those who have an eye for security, reliability and scalability. This position requires at least five years experience including advanced software development and large scale cloud operations experience.
Remote work. EU Timezone.
One of our goals is to provide our clients an exceptional experience with no downtime. Quiq depends heavily on the health, availability and maturity of our cloud to deliver that promise. We are looking for talented and experienced engineers who know how to manage and contribute to our rapidly evolving and expanding infrastructure. Your contributions will have a lasting impact on Quiq as we expand and evolve. We automate everything and can stand up a production cluster within minutes.
Technologies used at Quiq include: Ubuntu, Docker, AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, Hashicorp tools (Terraform, Nomad, Consul, Vault), Ansible, Prometheus, Redis, MySQL, OpenResty, HAProxy, PrestoDB, Grafana, Clickhouse, NGINX
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Solid foundation in Computer Science – BS/MS CS or similar degree and more than five years of experience
- Experience in system automation – Majority of work includes writing and enhancing automation tools and infrastructure. Experience with Python, Go, Lua (openresty), Terraform, and Ansible.
- Expert level proficiency in Linux
- Knowledge of monitoring and alerting tools to track issues and continually improve the availability of systems. We want an alerting system where everything is actionable and automated.
- Experience tuning and analyzing performance at all levels: OS, Docker containers and the application
- Ability to troubleshoot code and submit bugs or pull requests, including the various open source projects authored and used by Quiq. Proficiency with Python and Go. Nice to have for working with other Devs: Java, Scala, C/C++, Nodejs
- Knowledge of security hardening including principles of Defense in Depth / Zero Trust and DevSecOps. Experience working with hackers via bug bounties is a plus.
- Network analysis and troubleshooting experience – TLS, NAT, DNS, subnets, network load balancers, OpenVPN
- Experience implementing Disaster Recovery, Backups and Redundancy
- Must be able to work on-call as needed.
- Must be able to work independently on complex projects
Benefits and Perks:
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Flexible, unlimited vacation pay
- Stock options
- Strong company culture
Quiq is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure people feel supported and connected at work.